A spontaneous light bulb idea last year turned into IPA Singapore Photo Books Day – Singapore’s 1ST ever Book Fair dedicated to Photography. The event returns this year again in what will now be called the IPA Photo Books Show!
Independently produced, IPA Photo Books Show Singapore 2013 is scheduled to take place at the National Museum of Singapore from 19th– 20th October 2013.
“With our second edition, we hope to make a small step towards a notable bookmark in the calendar for independent photography and self-publishing in Singapore and the region.” Kevin WY Lee, Invisible Photographer Asia (IPA).
IPA PHOTO BOOKS SHOW 2013 Singapore will include:
- Curated Singapore Photo Books Exhibition;
- Curated Asia Photo Books Exhibition;
- Talks and Presentations by Singapore and Asian Photographers, Artists, and Curators;
- Workshops, Seminars and Appreciation/sharing sessions;
- Indie Book Fair where audiences can meet photographers and buy their books.
Preliminary Show highlights include:
- Photo Book fair and launches by Singapore and Asian photographers;
- Special Presentation and Book launches by TwentyFifteen.sg;
- ‘Photo Project to Photobook’ Workshop with Ian Teh, UK/Malaysia and Kosuke Okahara, Japan;
- ‘Handmade Photobook Making’ Workshop with TwentyFifteen.sg + PLATFORM.sg;
- Winners and Finalists Slideshow Exhibition of Invisible Photographer Asia Awards 2013.
- OIC- Organisation of Illustrators Council VS Sam & Sam Portraiture Mashup;
- Presentations from KL International Photoawards and Photobook Club Kuala Lumpur.
Early partners for IPA Photo Books Show Singapore include The National Museum of Singapore, PLATFORM.sg, OIC- Organisation of Illustrators Council, and Chiif Cameras.
Full show information and details will be announced at a later date.
Sponsorship & partnership enquiries welcomed.
For sponsorship and partnership enquiries, please contact us at [email protected].
Pictures from last year’s event: