Join us at Angkor Photo Festival, Southeast Asia’s longest running festival of photography
Join Invisible Photographer Asia (IPA) as we head to Siem Reap, Cambodia to celebrate the 10th Edition of the Angkor Photo Festival from November 29-December 6. Read our interview with Francoise Callier, Angkor’s Programme Coordinator to find out more about Angkor.
Download and preview the 2014 Angkor Festival Programme.
We will be hosting the 3rd Edition of the IPA Photobooks Show at Angkor, and presenting a night of projections and a talk at Angkor between 1st–4th December.
1. IPA PHOTOBOOKS SHOW 2014 at Angkor Photo Festival.
The 3rd Edition of the IPA Photobooks Show 2014 (Travelling Edition) happens at Angkor Photo Festival in Siem Reap, Cambodia from 1ST–4TH December 2014. The show includes photobook curations from Jakarta Photobook Club, Indonesia; Dustin Shum, The Salt Yard Hong Kong; Kevin WY Lee, The Invisible Photographer Asia; and Wang Xi, Curator, China.
There will be 2 Southeast Asia Photobook launches: Gold Coast by Ying Ang and Shauna, by Sean Lee.
Photobook showcase from Indonesia include: 88 – Renaldy Fernando Kusuma & Astrid Prasentianti; Jakarta Estetika Banal – Erik Prasetya; Outtakes – Gregory Rusmana; Nothing Personal – Aji Susanto Anom; Passing – Edy Purnomo; Soul Odyssey – Lans Brahmantyo; Soulscape Road – Oscar Motuloh; The Long and Winding Road – East Timor – Eddy Hasby; Yang Kuat Yang Kalah – Rama Surya; Dewi Pantura – Arum Tresnaningdingtyas; Illusions – Ng Swan Ti; Tanah Yang Hilang – Mamuk Ismuntoro; Kecamatan – Poriaman Sitanggang; Riders of Destiny – Romi Perbawa; IPPHOS – Yudhi Soerjoatmodjo; The New Sun – Rian Afriadi; Guadalacanal Report – Gyaista Sampurno; Nagari Sumpur – Yoppy Pieter.
Photobook showcase from China include: COASTLINE, by Zhang Xiao; MALEONN, by Maleonn; Midnight Tweedle, by Zhang Lijie, amongst others.
Tentative Show Highlights Schedule:
- Dec 1st – 4th: IPA Photobooks Show Exhibitions
Open Daily 10.30am – 5.30pm
- Dec 1st (2pm-4pm): Photobook Launches: Ying Ang and Sean Lee
- Dec 2nd (2pm-4pm): Artist Photobook Talk by Adil Hasan, Presentation by Photobook Club Jakarta.
- Dec 3rd (2pm-4pm): More Artist Talks
For more updates, visit the Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/864963206847884/
2. IPA + BlowUp Slideshow Projections
There will be one night of Slideshows from IPA for BlowUp Angkor, an outdoor photographic intervention by Blindboys.org which runs along side the 10th Angkor Photo Festival & Workshops. A Call for Submissions for BlowUp is currently open till 16th November.
- Peter Teh: Forty and Some Things
- Shyue Woon: The Carpark
- Chia Aik Beng: 05-856
- Sari Asih: Erratic Landscape
- Junku Nishimura: Japan, A Portrait From A Larrikin Ex-Salaryman
- Sean Lee: The Garden
- Anna Clare Spelman: Our Diaspora, Traces Of Jewish Migration in Asia
- Colin Steel: Darkness Touches You Back
- Carlo Gabuco: The Captain’s Journal
- Jes Aznar: Strange Fruit.
3. ‘Visualising Social Stories’ Seminar Presentation
December 4th (1.30pm): ‘Visualising Social Stories’ by Robert Godden, Rights Exposure Project & Invisible Photographer Asia. This free interactive presentation and discussion forum will explore the process of ensuring your photo story creates an impact on social issues. Jakarta-based photojournalist Andri Tambunan will also be a guest sharing insights.
Pictures from past editions of the IPA Photobooks Show: