Photographers from Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar, India and Bangladesh nominated for World Press Photo 2021 Awards.
It has been an honour and experience to be on one of the most diverse World Press Photo Jury Panel ever this year with: Jury Chair NayanTara Gurung Kakshapati, Nepal, co-founder and director, photo.circle; Ahmed Najm, Iraq, managing director, Metrography Agency; Andrei Polikanov, Russia, Visual director, Takie Dela; Kathy Moran, United States, deputy director of Photography, National Geographic; Mulugeta Ayene, Ethiopia, photographer; and Pilar Olivares, Peru, photographer, Reuters.
After weeks of intensive debates and judging, the nominees for World Press Photo Contest 2021 are announced. I’m most happy to see five photographers and stories from Asia nominated, from Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar, India and Bangladesh:
- Nature Stories Nominee: Ezra Acayan, Philippines
- Contemporary Issues Stories Nominee: Zishaan A Latif, India
- General News – Singles Nominee: Joshua Irwandi, Indonesia
- Environment Singles Nominee: K M Asad, Bangladesh
- Environment Singles Nominee: Hkun Lat, Myanmar
Congratulations to all the nominees and much thanks to World Press Photo organisation and my fellow jury members for having me be part of this year’s contest.